Thursday, August 19, 9:00 am
Duration: Approximately 2 hours
Please RSVP to Noah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Up to 12 participants)
Difficulty: Easy (easy pace, little elevation change)
Description: Join BNRC and BEAT on an easy stroll along the Clam River trails. Noah, Stewardship Manager with the Berkshire Environmental Action Team, will guide the group in learning about bird song, behavior, and habitat. We will also discuss some favorite field guides and apps! Please be aware that birding walks are slower-paced than a hike. Wear sturdy footwear, bring water, a snack and binoculars if you have them. We will have a few to distribute for the walk. The outlined safety protocols must be followed.
Directions to Clam River Trailhead, Sandisfield: Sandisfield Town Hall Annex: 66 Sandisfield Rd, Sandisfield, MA 01255
From Pittsfield: Take Route 20 East through Lee. After passing under the Mass Pike, turn right on Route 102 and then take an immediate left onto Tyringham Road. Continue straight across Route 23 onto Town Hill Road. Follow this until it intersects with Route 57 in Sandisfield. Turn left onto 57, heading east. Continue on Route 57 for 1.5 miles and park on the left at the Sandisfield Town Hall Annex, which is the former Sandisfield School. Enter the woods at the east edge of the parking lot.
• Self-screen your health and don’t come to a hike if:
• You or somebody in your household experiences COVID-19 symptoms or has traveled within the past 2 weeks to a location where COVID cases are high.
• Anyone in your household has been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
• Fully vaccinated participants may attend events without a face mask if comfortable doing so or are welcome to bring a mask and work masked as desired.
• Participants who are not fully vaccinated are required to wear masks for workdays when social distancing is not possible.
• All participants must practice social distancing by remaining 6 feet away from others on the trail. This includes stepping off the trail to let other visitors pass.