Safety Protocols (Revised Spring 2021)
Considering the increase in access to vaccines and Governor Baker’s removal of the statewide mask mandate in Massachusetts effective the end of May, BNRC has adjusted its safety protocols for volunteer workdays for the spring and summer. Given the continually changing nature of pandemic conditions and related regulations, understand that these may be subject to change as well. We hope to continue to do our best to adjust and keep our staff and volunteers safe in this challenging time!
- BNRC volunteer workdays will be limited to 3-10 participants that must RSVP. Staff members will not count toward the total participants.
- Self-screen your health and don’t come to a workday if:
- You or somebody in your household experiences COVID-19 symptoms or has traveled within the past 2 weeks to a location where COVID cases are high.
- Anyone in your household has been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- Fully vaccinated participants may attend volunteer workdays without a face mask if comfortable doing so or are welcome to bring a mask and work masked as desired. BNRC will have extra masks in case someone forgets theirs.
- Participants who are not fully vaccinated are required to wear masks for workdays when social distancing is not possible Again, BNRC will provide masks as needed.
- All participants must practice social distancing by remaining 6 feet away from others on the trail. This includes stepping off the trail to let other visitors pass.
- Participants must bring their own water, snacks, and work gloves. BNRC will have work gloves to provide you to keep if necessary.
Email Mariah at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to RSVP.
Thursday, June 3, 10:00 am – 1:30 pm (4-5 volunteers- at capacity)
Waterbar Cleaning and Corridor Clearing along the Burbank Trail, Richmond
Hike the 3.2-mile Burbank Trail and help to reshape and clean out waterbars as well as clear the trail corridor. BNRC will provide all tools and will sanitize them prior to use. Please wear sturdy shoes, and bring a mask, gloves, 32oz of water, and lunch. The outlined safety protocols must be followed. Also, if you have loppers and/or pruners, please feel free to bring.
- David Dutra
- Jack Lyons
- Bob Johnson
- Wendy Stebbins
- Peter Grealish
Tuesday, June 8, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm (4 volunteers- at capacity)
Trail Surface work on the Burbank Trail, Richmond
Join us in fixing an area of washed-out trail. We’ll hike about 2 miles. BNRC will provide all tools and will sanitize them prior to use. Please wear sturdy shoes, and bring a mask, gloves, 32oz of water, and lunch. The outlined safety protocols must be followed.
- Donna Bernstein
- Ed Bernstein
- Jed Baumwell
- David Dutra