Participate in an engaging activities with the BNRC community, at no charge.
Caregivers and children are welcome on monthly child-led hikes to engage with and learn about nature. Or, explore self-guided Storywalks® at some of our most popular reserves each season.
Spanish Language Hikes
Join bi-monthly guided hikes for Spanish speakers and those interested in Spanish language immersion.
Educational Hikes & Programs
- Learn about nature and wildlife in an Online LEARN! program, and view past programs in BNRC’s LEARN! video archives.
- Discover fun facts about the Berkshire outdoors in self-guided Easy Naturalist displays at BNRC Reserves throughout the year.
- Sign up for guided hikes or engage in seasonal community science opportunities, such as annual NestWatch programs, and so much more.
BNRC offers a variety of volunteer opportunities. You can participate in community science programs to support research on birds, help care for the many habitats and trails BNRC works to protect, support staff at programs, workdays, and special events, provide office assistance, and more.
It is important that people who have been marginalized from outdoor spaces feel like they belong and are welcome on BNRC trails.
BNRC seeks to connect people and communities to nature and to ensure that the Berkshire outdoors are welcoming for all. Partners at community organizations are expanding access to the outdoors by identifying priorities and providing guidance, support, and feedback on BNRC programs.
We have many programs and resources for:
- Beginner hikers
- People whose primary language is Spanish
- Families with small children and their caregivers
- People who may benefit from physically accessible trails